Unit IV PowerPoint Presentation
Select and describe an important problem faced by society today (e.g., income inequality, gun violence, online privacy). Once you have selected your problem, be prepared to address the following in your presentation:
- Provide your own analysis by asking—and answering—a relevant question from at least three domains of thinking. Examples of these can be found on pages 139-140 of your textbook.
- In your answers to the above questions, apply at least three intellectual standards, and explain why the standards are important in this context (e.g., the elements of thought or reasoning that led you to this thinking). The eight elements can be found beginning on page 62 of your textbook.
- Explain why each question you have selected is either a question of fact, preference, or judgment. This information can be located on pages 126-127 of your textbook.
- Finally, in one paragraph, reflect on your analysis of the problem that you selected, and describe how your consideration of this problem demonstrates deep learning. This information can be located on pages 144-145 of your textbook.
To accomplish this, you must compose a 12 slide PowerPoint presentation that meets the guidelines below. Your PowerPoint slides should be arranged in the following manner:
- Slide 1: The problem selected and your description of it.
- Slides 2-5: Provide your own analysis by asking—and answering—a relevant question from at least three domains of thinking.
- Slides 6-8: Your three intellectual standards and explanation of why they are important in this context.
- Slides 9-11: Explain why each question is question of fact, preference, or judgment.
- Slide 12: Conclusion slide with your one paragraph that reflects on your analysis and describes your consideration and learning of this problem.
You must also include a title and reference slide (that does not count towards your total slides). Also, all sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.