The goal of the assignment is to examine the ways in which contemporary culture obscures and undermines the image of God while responding with biblical and theological principles that concretely address the issue.
See below for a list of potential issues to research. Choose an issue and research data on dehumanization in relation to your chosen issue. Briefly analyze its spiritual effects on the person and then respond with the relevant biblical and theological principles of Christian theology.
- Work factors
- Human trafficking
- Treatment of marginalized members of society
- Social media
- Military training or weaponry
- Political discourse and election
- Medical ethics
Topic specification as well as additional topics may be provided by instructor.
Prepare a Power Point presentation of 12-15-slides (target audience is your classmates) on your chosen issue. In addition, create a title slide, reference slides, and slide notes that provide detailed explanation of the points in your presentation.
Include the following in your presentation, focusing most of the content on point three below:
- Description of the chosen issue with contemporary instances of the depersonalization and dehumanization of human beings.
- Analysis of how this issue spiritually affects the nature and purpose of human beings.
- Identification of biblical and theological principles that deal with the issue. (Make sure to be specific here. Do not simply quote Bible passages, but rather explain how Christian theology would respond to such instances of dehumanization.)
This presentation should not focus on the sociological aspects, but rather the theological response.
Use a minimum of three academic sources as well as Scripture and course materials.
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.