Research paper on electricutions Minimum 3 pages ( not including cover page)
OSHA has identified four categories of hazards that account for more than 50% of all construction fatalities:
- Struck by object—84 (10.1%)
- Electrocutions—71 (8.6%)
- Caught-in/between—21 (2.5%)
The assignment is to write a research paper involving one of these four construction hazard categories. You may narrow
your topic down to a more specific type of accident within the major category. For example, under falls, you could focus
your research on falls from ladders. When writing the paper, consider the following questions:
- What are the common causative factors?
- What does data indicate?
- What are the effective proven corrective measures?
BOS 3401, Construction Safety 4
Remember that a significant aspect of any research paper is the summary analysis by the writer of that research (in this
The submission must be a minimum of three pages in length, not including the title page or reference page. A minimum of
three scholarly reference sources must be used from the CSU Online Library. Scholarly sources include:
- peer-reviewed journal articles (Click here to access a webinar outlining peer-reviewed articles.)
- safety reference books and textbooks, and
- other publications by safety professionals and organizations (print or online).
Note that wikipedia.com, answers.com, ask.com, about.com, and similar broad-based Internet sites are not considered
scholarly sources. Use government and professional safety-related sources, such as osha.gov., niosh.gov, asse.org,
nsc.org, and nfpa.org. Contact your professor if you have any questions about the validity of a reference source.
APA format is required. Be sure to use in text citations for direct quotes and paraphrased information