Preventative Controls for SunGrafix
Create Preventative Controls for SunGrafix, a video game design company. In some cases, the outage impacts identified in the BIA may be mitigated or eliminated through preventive measures that deter, detect, and/or reduce impacts to the system. Where feasible and cost effective, preventive methods are preferable to actions that may be necessary to recover the system after a disruption. Preventative controls include the identification of effective contingency planning preventive controls and maintaining these controls on an ongoing basis. Identify and incorporate a variety of preventive controls into your BCP. Some of the listed controls are the following:
- Appropriately sized uninterruptiblepower supplies (UPS) to provide short-term backup power to all system components (including environmental and safety controls);
- Gasoline- or diesel-powered generators to provide long-term backup power;
- Air-conditioning systems with adequate excess capacity to prevent failure of certain components, such as a compressor;
- Fire suppression systems;
- Fire and smoke detectors;
- Water sensors in the computer room ceiling and floor;
- Heat-resistant and waterproof containers for backup media and vital non electronic records;
- Emergency master system shutdown switch;
- Offsitestorage of backup media, non-electronic records, and system documentation;
- Technical security controls, such as cryptographic key management; and
- Frequent scheduled backups including where the backups are stored (onsiteor offsite) and how often they are recirculated and moved to storage.
The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.