- What is the free cash flow for 2014?
2. Suppose Congress changed the tax laws so that Berndt’s depreciation expenses doubled. No changes in operations occurred. What would happen to reported profit and to net cash flow?
3. Calculate the 2014 current and quick ratios based on the projected balance sheet and income statement data. What can you say about the company’s liquidity position in 2013?
4. Calculate the 2014 inventory turnover, days sales outstanding (DSO), fixed assets turnover, and total assets turnover.
5. Calculate the 2014 debt ratio, liabilities-to-assets ratio, times-interest-earned, and EBITDA coverage ratios. What can you conclude from these ratios?
6. Calculate the 2014 profit margin, basic earning power (BEP), return on assets (ROA), and return on equity (ROE). What can you say about these ratios?
7. Calculate the 2014 price / earnings ratio, price / cash flow ratio, and market / book ratio.
8. Use the extended DuPont equation to provide a summary and overview of company’s financial condition as projected for 2014. What are the firm’s major strengths and weaknesses?