Assume you are a CPA working as a tax professional and are hired by a client who is a U.S.-based taxpayer and is interested in expanding the business into foreign markets. Using the Internet or Strayer databases, conduct research on the various tax impacts for U.S. companies that expand abroad.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Based on your research, assess at least two (2) types of organizations that the taxpayer could establish abroad and the various tax impacts that these types of organization may cause. Provide support for your rationale
2.Based on your research, develop a strategy for the client to repatriate earnings from the foreign markets and avoid or mitigate the U.S. tax impact on repatriation. Provide support for your rationale.
3. Based on your research, evaluate foreign tax credits and propose at least three (3) tax credits the client could use and the impact on the taxes. Provide examples with your rationale.
4. Based on your research, assess the impact that the accumulated earnings tax had on the client and how the tax could be avoided or mitigated. Provide examples with your rationale.
5. Based on your research, analyze the rules regarding potential U.S. and foreign sourced losses and propose scenario to your client that would best represent the proper treatment of those losses. Provide support for your rationale.
6. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the legal basis of outbound international taxation and foreign tax credit limitations.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in international tax planning and research.
• Write clearly and concisely about international tax planning and research using proper writing mechanics. Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.