Showalter, J. S. (2012). The law of healthcare administration (6th ed.). Chicago: Health Administration
Week 3 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Law and Health Care System Administration
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
As a health care administrator, your actions have legal implications and are implicitly and explicitly based on law. Any omissions in the conduct of your duties on your part are also governed by law. Consider the basic governance of a health care setting and how your role as a top administrator in this setting is affected by the legal system.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Justify your position about the importance of the physician-patient and hospital-patient relationships.
- Determine how contract principle and breach of warranty apply to the health care setting.
- Analyze the four (4) elements of proof necessary for a plaintiff to prove negligence.
- Discuss the function and responsibilities of the governing board of a health care corporation.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the effects of the Anglo-American legal system and historical roots on current legal situations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care policy, law, and ethics.
· Write clearly and concisely about health care policy, law, and ethics using proper writing mechanics