Socialization and Social Structure Worksheet
Respond to the following in 50 to 75 words each, unless otherwise specified.
- In 25 to 50 words each, describe the following perspectives of development of the self:
- Cooley’s Looking Glass Self:
- Mead’s Role Taking:
- Piaget’s Development of Reasoning:
- What role does socialization take in personality, morality, emotions, and gender? How do different agents of socialization contribute?
- In 20 to 25 words each, describe how socialization occurs in each of the following developmental periods:
- Childhood (birth to age 12):
- Adolescence (ages 13-17):
- Transitional Adulthood (ages 18-29):
- The Middle Years (ages 30-65):
- The Older Years (ages 65 and above):
- Different societies have different social structures. What is social structure? What components contribute to the macrosociological perspective of social structure?