Public Speaking Basics
Answer each of the following questions in complete sentences and in at least 50 words.
- What is the value in learning about public speaking and effective communication? In what ways might you use public speaking in your personal life and career?
- What are the basic elements of the speech communication process? Why are these elements important for presenting?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 indicating you love it and 10 indicating you hate it, rate your feelings about speaking in front of groups. Explain your reasons for this rating, including any previous experiences you have had with public speaking.
- Why is it normal and even desirable to be nervous at the start of a speech?
- From your experience, how have you been able to identify when a speaker is nervous? What are the signs of speech anxiety?
- What methods can you use to control speech anxiety?