For this assignment, please review the Goal below and create your individual Reflective Statement of Competence. This written reflective competency statement aligns with the Council for Professional Recognition’s Standard Il: To advance physical and intellectual competence, and is a required element in the CDA Professional Portfolio.
Begin your Reflective Statement with a paragraph describing how your teaching practices meet this Goal. Then prepare at least one paragraph on each of the questions below. The entire statement should be between 300 and 500 words in length.
- CG 2.1 Pick one of the nine learning experiences you chose for your Resource Collection. HOW does this experience reflect your philosophy of how to support young children’s physical development?
- CG 2.2 Pick another of the nine learning experiences you chose for your Resource Collection. How does this experience reflect your philosophy of how to support young children’s cognitive development?
- CG 2.3 Pick a third experience you chose for your Resource Collection. How does this experience reflect your philosophy of how to support young children’s creative development?
- CG 8-4 In an additional paragraph, describe ways to promote the communication/language development among all children including dual-language learners.
Be sure the format and organization of your written reflection are clear and include:
- The title Competency Statement: CS-II
- Your name
- Proper spelling and grammar
Note: After you receive feedback from your instructor and make the necessary changes from that feedback, place this Resource Collection/Portfolio Assignment- CSII- in your Online CDA Professional Portfolio. For more information on how to set up your Online CDA Professional Portfolio go to Module 01 The CDA Credential in This Course.