In this assignment, you will need to search for policies on health and safety specifically for infants and toddlers from a Parent Handbook or Employee Handbook at your current work, a program where your child attends, a previous researched program, or a new online search.
Part One – Infant and Toddler Elements/Policies
You will need to identify the elements/policies of the handbook that covers the health and safety of infants and toddlers.
- Describe how these elements/policies specifically support health, safety, and exploration in an infant and toddler setting.
- Explain why these elements/policies are important to the growth and development of infants and toddlers.
- What areas do you see present in the policies that could be adapted to better support infants and toddlers?
- How would you adapt the policies? What language should be included to specifically address infants and toddlers?
Part Two – Policy Amendment
Policy Amendment Topics:
- – Teething
- – Diaper/Toileting Accidents
- – Pacifier/Thumb sucking
You will need to write a policy amendment that focuses on a topic (select one from above) to support exploration, health, and safety for infants and toddlers:
- Describe the criteria, the implementation of criteria, and the guidelines needed in the policy to support the health, safety, and exploration of infants and toddlers.