Background: For this portion of the Course Project, you will create a floor plan of the learning environment that would be necessary for your weekly curriculum theme for the age group your chose in Module 01. There are two (2) parts to this section of your project.
Part I: Create a Floor Plan
- To create the floor plan of the learning environment, you may use Microsoft PowerPoint or an Internet program such as the Classroom Architect .
- Label your floor plan so it is clear what activity/interest areas you are including and how they are arranged within the space. Your learning environment should reflect Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP), as well as the weekly curriculum theme you have identified for the course project.
- Art/ Creative
- Cubbies/Personal Spaces
- Eating Space
- Bathroom Space
- Large Movement
- Group Time
- Puzzles and Fine Motor
- Cozy Area
Part 2: Write a Description of your Floor Plan
- Write a I-full page description of the learning environment. Provide your reasoning and explanation for the following:
- Why the activity/interest areas were included.
- Why they are located where they are.
- How they will foster learning given your weekly curriculum theme.