In this assignment, you will be creating an information sheet to educate parents on a selected milestone.
Select and research a milestone from below:
- – Walking
- – Object permanence
- – Toilet learning
- – Saying first words
Create a two-page information sheet on the selected milestone that addresses the following:
- List the approximate age/stage of development in which the milestone might be mastered.
- Explain the significance of mastering this milestone and the impact that this milestone has on learning across all other developmental domains.
- Identify other skills that a child might need to have in order to master this milestone.
- Provide a local resource that a parent can contact if they are concerned about the child’s development.
- Contact Information – Name, Website, and Phone Number.
- Explain how the local resources can help families and/or the child master milestone.
- Describe three activities parents can do at home to help support the mastery of the selected milestone.
- Provides stated ideas with professional language and attribution for credible sources with correct APA citation, spelling, and grammar in the information sheet.
|Visit Course Materials – Research and Resources and Early Childhood Websites to use for this assignment.|
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: