For this journal, you will practice observing and recording your observations and making a connection to domains and PILES.
First, view the following video:
Next, your journal entry should contain the following two parts:
Part One – Observational Notes
- Use observational notes in a K-W-L chart. Based on your previous experience, you may choose to use anecdotal notes, or a running record to document your observation. You may also choose to use a combination of one or more of these methods to gather information.
- Describe in detail at least three PILES domains represented in the video.
Part Two – Reflection
- Review your state early learning standards and guidelines and post an active link to the website you accessed.
- Reflect on what you learned from your observations and answer the following questions:
- What are the connections between PILES domains you described and your state early learning standards and guidelines?
- Record what standards and guidelines would best represent the child’s development in the video.
- How would you use this information to make developmental goals for this child?