- Describe each of the five pillars and reflect on why they are referred to as Pillars of Islam. What is the importance of each pillar?
- Make a detailed analysis of how one of the pillars would function in the daily life of a particular Muslim individual.
- Identify one Christian organization living or serving in an Islamic context. See the list of suggested denominations and organizations below for options. Analyze the principles and practices of this group in light of the Five Pillars of Islam. Describe the ministry of the Christian organization.
- How does/could this organization use at least one of the Islamic Pillars as a bridge to develop relationships with Muslims?
Suggested denominations and organizations for prompts 3 and 4:
- Chaldean Catholics of Iraq
- Armenian Orthodox church in Iran
- Maronite Catholic in Lebanon
- Coptic Church in Egypt
- Frontiers mission (based in Phoenix)
As a research option, interview a practicing Muslim individual or an imam, which can be used as an academic resource. If you would like to take pictures during your visit to this community or place of worship, be sure to obtain permission.