As you may recall, nutrients are divided into the following six (6) categories:
- Lipids (Fats)
For this assignment, you will need to develop an informative PowerPoint presentation that could be used to teach your classmates about a variety of nutrients from the nutrient categories (above).
- Your PowerPoint presentation should:
- Have a title slide.
- Contain at least 6 content slides.
- Reflect proper spelling and grammar.
- Cite at least 2 credible references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
- Choose five (5) specific nutrients from within the nutrient categories listed above. You may choose either:
- a mixture of five (5) macro and micro nutrients
- For example, you can use 2 macronutrients (such as lipids and carbohydrates) and 3 micronutrients (such as specific vitamins and minerals)
- five (5) different vitamins or minerals
- For example, 2 vitamins (such as A and D), 2 major minerals (such as sodium, calcium, and potassium), and 1 trace mineral (such as zinc).
- For each of the nutrients you selected, create content slides that address the following:
- Explain the function(s) of the nutrient within the body.
- Describe how the nutrient is metabolized (where primarily digested, absorbed, and transported) within the body.
- Identify the current Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for the nutrient for an average adult.