Everyone is familiar with watching movies. With the abundance of streaming services and wireless devices, watching movies are more accessible than ever before. No matter how much or how little you watch movies, there are always those that stand out above the rest. Sometimes, it is because of a favorite actor. Other times, it is the story told, or feelings evoked. This assignment invites you to think more deeply about one of your favorite movies.
Instructions: Choose your favorite movie of all time and write a 1-2 page analysis. Address the following:
- Describe the unique features of your chosen movie.
- Identify the genre of your chosen movie (film noir, romantic comedy, the screen musical, the western, horror, suspense, thriller, documentary, fictionalized biography, comedy, drama, etc.).
- Explain what you like and/or dislike about the genre.
- Analyze what makes your chosen movie a good representation of the genre. Use descriptive language and include at least two examples.
- Describe at least three aspects of this movie that make it engaging and memorable.