Write a 1 to 1 and ½-page Executive Summary of the article you have chosen, organized into 3–4 paragraphs. You may write to a business audience either for the company you currently work for, or imagine that you are working as a consultant for a business or non-profit or charity organization and write to an appropriate audience within that organization. Summarize the main points of this article and explain how the information contained within the article is relevant to a specific issue or problem the company is currently facing. Make a recommendation for what your audience should do with this information. You may use information from sources other than the original article that you use as the basis for your Executive Summary, but if you use sources in your Executive Summary, you must give the sources credit using 6th edition APA format.
Utilize the following 5-minute video from the KU Writing Center to format the title page of your paper:
The actual Executive Summary itself, however, should follow appropriate memorandum formatting, explained in the following link:
Find out how your instructor will grade your Unit 9 Assignment by reviewing the rubric.
Review a sample student Assignment.
Submitting your Unit 9 Assignment:
Remember that you must use Microsoft Word for this and all projects submitted for this class. When you are ready to submit the Assignment, go to the Unit 9 Assignment Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says Submit an Assignment.
- In the Submit to Basket menu, select Unit 9: Assignment Dropbox.
- In the Comments field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the Add Attachments button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Microsoft Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.