The purpose of this assignment is to identify and research a potential problem that technology could help to solve. The ultimate goal is to imagine where technology will be in 18-36 months and how it will solve problems. Technology is constantly growing exponentially. As entrepreneurs, you have opportunities to use this technology to solve grand problems within the world that would better the human condition.
Identify at least three innovations that are currently disrupting an existing market. Write a 250-word summary (750 words total) describing each innovation, how it is changing the market, and the benefit it will provide. Include the following items:
- Describe the innovation and how it is disrupting the market.
- Explain what benefit the innovation provides.
- Describe what barriers limit the adoption of this new technology.
- Explain how many people are affected by the problem.
Write about three future potential disruptions. Identify at least three new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, social media aggregation, self-driving cars, or improved battery technology, that could disrupt a market in the future and improve the human condition. Examples of how a technology change could impact existing markets include:
- Significant reduction in cost.
- New way of delivering a product or service.
- Improved service.
- Product performance improvements.
Write three descriptions, one for each of the new technologies. Each of the three descriptions should be 250 words (750 words total) addressing the following three items:
- Describe the innovation.
- Describe the market and explain how it is changing.
- Explain how the innovation will disrupt the market.
- Explain the benefit it will be providing to customers.
During the construction of this assignment, consider the personas of the specific population. Contemplate demographics, such as marriage status, age, socioeconomic status, etc.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.