Essay for ENG 130: Literary Response for Plot
This assignment focuses on your ability to: learn how to identify the plot devices of a piece of literature; craft your own creative piece with similar plot devices.
The purpose of completing this assignment is: as a student and a career professional, you will need to read and summarize many different forms of literature. Very often, you will need to report out on those summaries. This is a good practice in developing those skills!
Prompt (What are you writing about?)
- After reading the short short story resources in Unit 1, create a short short piece of your own (no more than 2 pages) that focuses on one of the following prompts:
- The first time you realized you had a superpower
- The time you decided to return to school as a mature student
- The time all technology stopped working
Instructions (how to get it done):
- Write a 1 to 2 page creative response that details one of the prompts above. Be sure to have a plot with clear characters, a conflict, and a resolution.