As an individual in college, you have resources that you use to sustain your life. For example, you likely have housing, food, clothes, household furnishings, a vehicle, income from a job or financial aid, and technology tools.
In a 1-2 page reflection paper discuss how you currently assess needs and manage resources as an individual (if you live by yourself) or within your immediate family (if you live in a family). Then compare your approach with how your parents or grandparents managed their resources in the past. Be sure to address the following:
- Provide a description of the resources you or your family have.
- Describe how you or your family determine what the needs are and how they are prioritized; include some current needs as an example.
- Identify who in your family is responsible for the resources and how they are managed.
- Discuss how your parents or grandparents managed their resources and compare to how you manage resources today. How have some things changed? Have some things stayed the same? Here is a good place to include examples of resources you have today that your parents or grandparents did not have in the past.
- Discuss how your current resource management practice and history of your parents or grandparent in this area might influence how you assist other families to manage their resources.