You have been asked by your administrator to create an article for the early childhood education column of your local newspaper. The article is to be written about a specific age group within your program. You are to explain how the Cycle of Knowledge is implemented in curriculum planning with that age group.
Select an age group from below:
- Birth to Two
- Three to Five
- Six to Eight
In this assignment, you will create an article that:
- Explains effective observation techniques to gather information needed for assessment.
- Provides at least one example of an effective observation technique for your selected age group.
- Illustrates how observation informs curriculum planning.
- Provides at least one example of how observation informs curriculum planning for your selected age group.
- Discusses the purpose of reflection in observation and assessment.
- Provides at least one example of how you currently or plan to implement reflection in your classroom.
- Meets the following general requirements:
- Title for Article
- Typed, double-space (approx. 1 full page)
- Follows the conventions of appropriate grammar, spelling, and writing.