For this journal, you will practice observing a child focusing on social and emotional development at two different ages and stages of his development.
First, view the following video:
Next, your journal entry should contain the following two parts:
Part One – Observational Notes
- Document your observations using any of the methods from the course, or a combination of the methods.
- Identify the developmental indicators of the child at each stage, connecting to PILES and your state’s ELG’s.
- Identify the progress the child has made (cite specific milestones/ELG’s).
Part Two – Reflection
- Reflect on what you learned from your observations and answer the following questions:
- How might you share this information with the family?
- What information should be shared?
- What questions would you ask the family or what information would you ask the family to provide to enhance your assessment of this child?