Assignment 1: Business Analysis
Due Week 3 and worth 160 points
The intention of this assignment is to develop your critical analysis skills around assessing a business environment. You will need to identify strengths and weaknesses in the company where you currently work, would like to work, or one in which you have an interest. Please review the concepts in Chapter 1, Chapter 3, and Chapter 4 of your textbook.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief description of an organization where you currently work, would like to work, or one in which you have an interest that you have chosen for this assignment.
- Assess three (3) factors, either economic, social, or both, impacting the performance of the organization you selected. Then, select the two (2) factors that you believe are the most critical to pay attention to in order for the organization to remain competitive. Explain and support your reasons.
· Tip: Check Chapter 1, page 4. .strayer.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/STANDARDIZED/1154-eBookSupport/Finding%20a%20Specific%20Page%20in%20an%20eBook.pdf”Click here for help accessing a specific page number in your eBook.
- Propose three (3) business actions to overcome the factors you identified in number 2.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources you have located using the Strayer Learning Resources Center (LRC) / Strayer databases in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource, and neither do web-based blogs.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the private enterprise systems, drivers of change on the system, ethical and social responsibilities of business, and the requirements for success in today’s business environment.
- Analyze the factors that drive supply and demand, different types of market structures in a free enterprise system, and factors of stability in a nation’s economy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary business.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary business using proper writing mechanics.