This paper provides an opportunity to apply the knowledge of sanctification.
The work of the Holy Spirit is to regenerate and sanctify those who have been justified by faith in Christ. This work is manifest in the fruit of the Spirit. By these fruits, those who have faith in Christ are holy and set apart in contrast to the world, which is under the power of false spirits.
In a paper of 1,000-1,300 words, contrast life in the Holy Spirit versus life according to worldly spirits and values and include the following:
- Explain the biblical concept of sanctification. Support your answer with three to five biblical passages.
- Explain the relationship between justification and sanctification.
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s sanctification?
- How does a believer’s sanctification relate to Christ’s work in establishing and consummating the Kingdom of God?
- Which spiritual practices and disciplines are necessary to help a Christian grow in the Spirit?
- How do you utilize spiritual practices in your Christian walk? In what areas do you find you need the most improvement?
Use three to four academic resources (preferably from the GCU Library) including the Bible and course material to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.