Activity #9You will submit one Word document for this activity. In the first part your activity #9 documents, provide short answers to the following questions (250 words or less). Name the file in the following format: lastnamefirstinitialPSY7107-9.doc (example: smithbPSY7107-9.doc).Part A. Questions about non-parametric procedures
- What are the most common reasons you would select a non-parametric test over the parametric alternative?
- Discuss the issue of statistical power in non-parametric tests (as compared to their parametric counterparts). Which type tends to be more powerful? Why?
- For each of the following parametric tests, identify the appropriate non-parametric counterpart:
a. Dependent t test
b. Independent samples t test
c. Repeated measures ANOVA (one-variable)
d. One-way ANOVA (independent)
e. Pearson Correlation
Part B. SPSS ActivityIn this part of Activity #9, you will perform the non-parametric version of the tests you used in Activity 6. In each case, assume that you opted to use the non-parametric equivalent rather than the parametric test. Using the data files from earlier activities, complete the following tests and paste your results into the assignment Word document:
1. Activity 6A: non-parametric version of the dependent t test
2. Activity 6B: non-parametric version of the independent t test
3. Activity 6C: non-parametric version of the single factor ANOVA