Topic 6 Review
Fill in the review as you complete the assigned readings for the topic. This review will help you prepare for course discussions, assignments, and examinations. The review may be used during examinations.
For direct quotes be sure to use proper GCU style (Author, Year, p. #). It is important to cite your sources properly to avoid intentional or unintentional plagiarism, either of which is a violation of the University Code of Conduct and may result in loss of points or other disciplinary action.
Additionally, including page numbers will allow you to locate information more quickly while you prepare for and take exams.
Encountering the New Testament: A Historical and Theological Survey
- What are three key features of the city of Ephesus?
- Why might Paul place so much emphasis on the power and supremacy of Christ in the Ephesian letter?
- Who are the three enemies addressed in Philippians?
- What are two key assertions about Christ in Colossians 1:15-20?
- What are two features of the Colossian heresy?
- Describe the relationships among Philemon, Onesimus, and Paul?
- What are three key features of the city of Thessalonica
- What are four ways Paul encourages the Thessalonians in 1 Thessalonians?
- What are the major purposes of 2 Thessalonians?
- What are the major reasons for writing 1 Timothy?
- What are the major reasons for writing 2 Timothy?
- What are the major reasons for writing Titus
Elwell, W. A., & Yarbrough, R. W. (2013). Encountering the New Testament: A historical and theological survey (3rd ed.). Grand Rapids: MI. Baker Academic.